Week 8 Picks
J-Rod’s Week 8 Section 9 Football Picks
Class AA quarterfinals
- Middletown at Warwick, 7 p.m.: Athletic Middletown can be a tough out for the top seeds if the banged up Bears can get it together.
The pick: Warwick
- Valley Central at Monroe-Woodbury, 7 p.m.: The Crusaders have won six in a row, scoring at least 28 points in each game.
The pick: M-W
- Washingtonville at Newburgh, 7 p.m.: The Goldbacks pitched its second shutout against Middletown last week and have allowed just 93 points all year, including a combined 59 to Cornwall and M-W.
The pick: Newburgh
- Pine Bush at Minisink Valley, 7 p.m.: As the sixth seed, Pine Bush knocked third-seeded Minisink Valley out of the playoffs last year.
The pick: Pine Bush
Class A quarterfinals
- Roosevelt at Saugerties, 4 p.m.: Saugerties scored a riveting 35-26 win over Roosevelt two weeks ago. Expect another great game.
The pick: Saugerties
- Monticello at Port Jervis, 7 p.m.: Monticello played Port Jervis tough early in the season and could give the Raiders fits again.
The pick: Port Jervis
Class B quarterfinals
- Rondout Valley at New Paltz, 7 p.m.: The Huguenots are not happy campers after last week’s Marlboro loss.
The pick: New Paltz
- Liberty at O’Neill, 7 p.m.: O’Neill put away Liberty 34-9 earlier this month.
The pick: O’Neill
Class C quarterfinals
- Roscoe at Chester, 7 p.m.: Chester moves one step closer to its must-see rematch with Burke Catholic in the Class C championship, but don’t forget about second-seeded Ellenville.
The pick: Chester
- Dover at Pine Plains, 7 p.m.: Hello again. Dover and Pine Plains played last week.
The pick: Pine Plains
- Onteora at Highland, 6 p.m.: One win or not, Onteora’s return to football has been a success.
The pick: Onteora
- Wallkill at Kingston, 7 p.m.: Both teams are seeking first win of the season.
The pick: Kingston
- Rye Neck at Eldred, 1 p.m.: Eldred seeking first win of the season.
The pick: Rye Neck
- Tri-Valley at Tuckahoe, 1:30 p.m.: Quarterback Chase Botsford (944 rushing yards, nine TD’s) having nice season for Tri-Valley.
The pick: Tuckahoe
- Millbrook at Woodlands, 1:30 p.m.: Millbrook’s improvement down the stretch was certainly noticeable.
The pick: Woodlands
- Red Hook at Dobbs Ferry: There will be better days ahead for first-year Red Hook coach Scott Ricketson and the program.
The pick: Dobbs Ferry
- Last week: 13-4
- Season: 103-25