J-Rod’s Week 7 Section 9 Football Picks
- Marlboro at New Paltz, 6:30 p.m.: This is the most anticipated game of the year. Period! Don’t even think M-W-NFA has as much juice as this showdown.
The pick: Marlboro
- Spackenkill at O’Neill, 7 p.m.: Two teams playing well with their only losses coming to the Big Two, see game above this one.
The pick: Spackenkill
- Liberty at Highland, 7 p.m.: Liberty has gone off the rails during its four-game losing streak, but survives this one.
The pick: Liberty
- Burke Catholic at Chester, 7 p.m.: This is the undercard for Marlboro-New Paltz this week and it should live up to the expectations.
The pick: Burke Catholic
- Dover at Pine Plains, 7 p.m.: Quarterback Matt Beam making plays on both sides of the ball for Pine Plains, but Dover might be too much.
The pick: Dover
- Kingston at Roosevelt, 7 p.m.: Kingston picks up first win since defeating Poughkeepsie on Oct. 30, 2015. Unless, I just jinxed the Tigers. I kid.
The pick: Kingston
- Cornwall at Port Jervis, 7 p.m.: Potential preview of the Section 9 Class A championship/coronation of Cornwall.
The pick: Cornwall
- Saugerties at Wallkill, 7 p.m.: The Sawyers have played their best ball over the last three weeks.
The pick: Saugerties.
- Washingtonville at Minisink Valley, 7 p.m.: Big effort by Washingtonville defense last week, sacking Valley Central quarterback Chandler Toth five times.
The pick: Washingtonville
- Newburgh at Middletown, 7 p.m.: Middletown feeling good coming off Erie Bell and Newburgh better bring its ‘A’ game.
The pick: Newburgh
- Monroe-Woodbury at Pine Bush, 7 p.m.: Pine Bush’s four losses since start of last year have come to Newburgh (3) and Monroe-Woodbury (1).
The pick: Monroe-Woodbury
- Warwick at Valley Central, 7:30 p.m.: Every Class AA Division II game this year has been decided by a touchdown by less. The trend could continue in this one.
The pick: Warwick
- Rondout Valley at Red Hook, 1:30 p.m.: Karma shining down on Rondout Valley coach Bob Koonz after the Ganders allowed Kevin McColgan, a Rondout Valley special needs student, to score a touchdown for them against New Paltz last week.
The pick: Rondout Valley
- Roscoe at Tri-Valley, 1:30 p.m.: Classic Sullivan County match-up and should be a good game.
The pick: Roscoe
- Millbrook at Haldane, 1:30 p.m.: Young Millbrook team starting to come together.
The pick: Millbrook
- Eldred at Tuckahoe, 1:30 p.m.: Two Tuckahoe losses this season have both come by less than seven points.
The pick: Tuckahoe
- Goshen at Monticello, 2 p.m.: After three straight wins, Goshen suddenly feeling very good about itself.
The pick: Goshen.
- Last week: 13-5
- Season: 90-21