Skip to content
J-Rod’s Week 4 Section 9 football picks
- Valley Central at Minisink Valley, 7 p.m.: Kicks off what should be an interesting Class AA Division II schedule.
The pick: Valley Central
- Newburgh at Cornwall, 1 p.m.: Look out for Newburgh’s up and coming playmaker, sophomore all-purpose threat Sincere Tatum.
The pick: Newburgh
- Port Jervis at Goshen, 1:30 p.m.: QB Brandon Roesch to RB Henry Bowers turning into quite the combination for Port.
The pick: Port Jervis
- Monticello at Saugerties, 1:30 p.m.: Monticello is relevant in Class A for the first time in a few years.
The pick: Monticello
- Highland at Rondout Valley, 1:30 p.m.: Battle of 0-3 teams.
The pick: Rondout Valley
- Woodlands at Burke Catholic, 1:30 p.m.: Burke Catholic football moms can’t give me any flack over this pick.
The pick: Burke Catholic
- Haldane at Roscoe, 1:30 p.m.: QB Collin Hauschild gets the blocks up front and is the difference in this close game.
The pick: Roscoe
- Rye Neck at Tri-Valley, 1:30 p.m.: Running back Chase Botsford (550 yards, five touchdowns) having a nice season for Tri-Valley.
The pick: Rye Neck
- Pine Plains at Tuckahoe, 1:30 p.m.: Two-win Pine Plains making great strides this season.
The pick: Tuckahoe
- Dobbs Ferry at Chester, 2 p.m.: Chester coming off win over another Section 1 Class C power, Woodlands, last week.
The pick: Dobbs Ferry
- Eldred at Onteora, 2:30 p.m.: Onteora seeking its first win since 2013. The Eagles did not field a team the last three years.
The pick: Onteora
- New Paltz at O’Neill, 6:30 p.m.: O’Neill has put up consecutive wins, but New Paltz too much.
The pick: New Paltz
- Wallkill at Roosevelt, 7 p.m.: Roosevelt has given up just seven points in two wins this season.
The pick: Roosevelt
- Middletown at Pine Bush, 7 p.m.: Middletown offensive coordinator Rich Ormsby left Pine Bush for Middletown after last season.
The pick: Pine Bush
- Monroe-Woodbury at Kingston, 7 p.m.: The Crusaders keeping on rolling.
The pick: Monroe-Woodbury
- Washingtonville at Warwick, 7 p.m.: Washingtonville feels good after putting 50-plus up on Middletown last week.
The pick: Warwick
- Liberty at Marlboro, 7 p.m.: Marlboro QB Phil DeSantis might end up in the Heisman Trophy conversation.
The pick: Marlboro
- Red Hook at Spackenkill, 7 p.m.: Spackenkill gets back on track after back-to-back losses to Marlboro and New Paltz.
The pick: Spackenkill
- Pawling at Ellenville, 7 p.m.: Ellenville is Pawling’s fourth consecutive Section 9 opponent to open the season.
The pick: Ellenville
- Dover at Millbrook, 7 p.m.: The Brook rebounds after heartbreaking loss to Pine Plains last week.
The pick: Millbrook
- Last week: 14-5
- Season record: 45-11