Week 3 Picks
J-Rod’s Week 3 Section 9 football picks
- Ellenville at Tri-Valley, 4:30 p.m.: The (other) Ville played Chester tough last week.
The pick: Ellenville
- Goshen at Roosevelt, 7 p.m.: Goshen sophomore QB Matt Giordano has a bright future. This game will be close.
The pick: Roosevelt
- Wallkill at Cornwall, 7 p.m.: Cornwall has dominated its fierce rival in recent years.
The pick: Cornwall
- Pine Bush at Newburgh, 7 p.m.: Biggest game of the year so far this season. #captainobvious
The pick: Newburgh
- Washingtonville at Middletown, 7 p.m.: Finally jumping on the Middletown bandwagon. Hopefully, I don’t jinx the Middies.
The pick: Middletown
- Minisink Valley at Kingston, 7 p.m.: Both teams seeking (and desperately need) first win of the season.
The pick: Minisink Valley
- Monroe-Woodbury at Valley Central, 7 p.m.: Despite loss to Pine Bush, Valley Central could be the favorite in Class AA Division II.
The pick: Monroe-Woodbury
- Millbrook at Pine Plains, 7 p.m.: The Brook looking for first win of season.
The pick: Millbrook
- Highland at Red Hook, 7 p.m.: Two old school powers looking to pick up their first ‘W”.
The pick: Red Hook
- James I. O’Neill at Rondout Valley, noon: There is always one game every week that you stare at every week, not knowing who to pick. Here goes…
The pick: Rondout Valley
- Saugerties at Warwick, 1:30 p.m.: Warwick players can tell their grandkids that they played in one of the greatest Spirit Trophy games ever.
The pick: Warwick
- New Paltz at Liberty, 1:30 p.m.: New Paltz QB so Jimmy Verney so elusive that some opponents call him “a ghost.”
The pick: New Paltz
- Port Jervis at Monticello, 1:30 p.m.: Monticello RB Khadeem Richards broke out in a big way last week with five touchdowns against Wallkill.
The pick: Port Jervis
- Eldred at Dover, 1:30 p.m.: Eldred got a good pick up in coach Steve Barone, he may just need some time to turn program around.
The pick: Dover
- Burke Catholic at Dobbs Ferry, 1:30 p.m.: The first of two difficult back-to-back games for Burke Catholic against Section 1 opponents (Woodlands next week).
The pick: Dobbs Ferry
- Chester at Woodlands, 1:30 p.m.: Chester follows up Woodlands with Dobbs Ferry.
The pick: Woodlands
- Onteora at Haldane, 1:30 p.m.: Great to see that Onteora is fielding a team again this year.
The pick: Haldane
- Marlboro at Spackenkill, 1:30 p.m.: Spackenkill lost big to New Paltz last week and Marlboro will look to match that result.
The pick: Marlboro
- Pawling at Roscoe, 1:30 p.m.: Roscoe QB Collin Hauschild, the pride of Sullivan West, one of most improved players in Section 9.
The pick: Roscoe
- Last week: 16-2
- Season record: 31-6