Skip to content
J-Rod’s Week 2 Section 9 football picks
- Monticello at Wallkill, 7 p.m.: Should be a lot of scrapping and clawing in this one, being that this is a battle of Panthers.
The pick: The (Wallkill) Panthers
- Port Jervis at Roosevelt, 7 p.m.: A one-win team last year, Port seems poised to make some noise this year.
The pick: Port Jervis
- Kingston at Middletown, 7 p.m.: Middletown opens season with three straight games in the friendly confines of Faller Field.
The pick: Middletown
- Valley Central at Pine Bush, 7 p.m.: We have a potential Game of the Week right here.
The pick: Pine Bush
- Monroe-Woodbury at Washingtonville, 7 p.m.: Back at full strength, M-W pulls this one out.
The pick: M-W
- Newburgh at Minisink Valley, 7 p.m.: Due to injuries, Newburgh started off last year slow. This season seems to be a different story.
The pick: Newburgh
- Marlboro at Highland, 7 p.m.: They call it the black and blue rivalry game. Marlboro might leave a lot of teams black and blue this year.
The pick: Marlboro
- Spackenkill at New Paltz, 7 p.m.: Expect a great game, thanks to all of the athletes that will be buzzing around the field.
The pick: New Paltz
- Roscoe/Livingston Manor/Downsville/Sullivan West at Eldred, 7 p.m.:
The pick: Roscoe coach
- Chester at Ellenville, 7 p.m.: It’s already getting nippy on Friday nights, which means that Chester coach Ron Stover could be looking for his signature/handy dandy bright orange winter cap soon. It’s a classic, right up there with Belichick’s hoodies.
The pick: Chester
- Warwick at Goshen, 1:30 p.m.: The latest edition of the Spirit Trophy game, which has been played since 1896. Warwick leads series 54-46-4.
The pick: Warwick.
- Pine Plains at Rye Neck, 1:30 p.m.: Great to see Pine Plains start off with a win last week. Sophomore Kyle Stracher scored on a 75-yard kickoff return in his varsity debut.
The pick: Rye Neck
- Dover at Pawling, 1:30 p.m.: Section 9 moves to 2-0 against Pawling this year.
The pick: Dover
- Tri-Valley at Onteora, 2 p.m.: Tri-Valley matches its win total for the season (two) last year with a win, which equals a great start to the year.
The pick: Tri-Valley
- Rondout Valley at Liberty, 2 p.m.: John Stevens, a former Goshen standout, earned a win his debut against Red Hook last week.
The pick: Liberty
- Cornwall at Saugerties, 3:00 p.m.: Already looking forward to Week 4: Newburgh at Cornwall on Sept. 23.
The pick: Cornwall
- Millbrook at Burke Catholic, 1:30 p.m.: The former Class C rivals meet up in a game that should see the Eagles soar.
The pick: Burke Catholic
- Red Hook at O’Neill, 6:30 p.m.: Rough losses for both teams last week, but one of them gets in the ‘W’ column on Saturday.
The pick: O’Neill
- Last last week: 15-4
- Season record: 15-4