Skip to content
- Newburgh (1-0): The Record recently did a well-written feature on coach Nick Saban, er, Bill Bianco. But the real story at Newburgh is prime time, prime time, prime time – two-way threat Terry Anderson.
- Cornwall (1-0): Alex Suarez and Shane O’Dea seem poised to become Cornwall’s next dangerous wide receivers, which doesn’t come as a surprise.
- Marlboro (1-0): A week after beating rival New Paltz, Marlboro has another Super Bowl-style hyped game against Cornwall on Friday. It should be a good one.
- Monroe-Woodbury (0-1): Due to a scheduling glitch, the Crusaders play at Pine Bush for the second year in a row on Friday.
- Minisink Valley (1-0): Minisink’s Ryan Johanson (250 passing yards, three touchdowns against Washingtonville last week) one of most improved QB’s in Section 9.
- Pine Bush (0-1): The talk of Pine Bush making a run at the AA title toned down a notch after last week’s loss to Cornwall, but the Bushmen are still dangerous.
- Burke Catholic (1-0): RB Solomon Hemingway has taken new role as BC’s star and ran with it….literally. He put up 210 rushing yards on just 11 carries and three touchdowns against Roosevelt last week.
- Valley Central (1-0): VC can put up points, but the Vikings’ success will come down to it can make some stops on ‘D’.
- Warwick (1-0): Gritty effort against Middletown last week. Warwick’s defense gave up 325 yards against Middies. VC gunslinger Chandler Toth will look to put up 325 all by himself when the Vikings and Wildcats face off.
- Goshen (1-0): We know QB Matt Giordano would be even better as a junior and he didn’t disappoint with six all-purpose touchdowns against Kingston.
Follow Justin Rodriguez on Twitter at jrods9insider; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org