Skip to content
- Cornwall vs. New Paltz, 7 p.m. at Faller Field, Middletown: New Paltz looking to pull off the biggest upset in Section 9 since Red Hook shocked defending state champion Rondout Valley in the 2001 Class B title game.
The pick: Cornwall
- Marlboro vs. O’Neill, 7 p.m. at Dietz Stadium, Kingston: Both teams playing, perhaps, their best ball right now. Do we have an Instant Classic on our hands?
The pick: Marlboro
- Chester vs. Spackenkill, 1 p.m. at Faller Field: The first game lived up to the hype and Round 2, which everyone expected, may be even better.
The pick: Chester
- Tri-Valley vs. Pine Plains, 3 p.m. Dietz: Opinions on eight-man may vary, but it has been a success, and this should be a competitive championship.
The pick: Tri-Valley
- Newburgh vs. Monroe-Woodbury, 7 p.m.: Newburgh RB Terry Anderson is banged up and could be questionable for the game, so coach Bill Bianco may have to pull some tricks out of his sleeve a la last year. I haven’t picked M-W over NFA in a while, but here goes. I just think the Crusaders do a good job holding onto the ball.
The pick: M-W
- Last week’s record: 11-5
- Season record: 135-33